Sullen v.5

             

      

 
Good is Good

Monday, January 02, 2006

Just heard this song on the radio and thought to post it in here because I always think "that's such a good song," but for some reason am always surprised when I hear it (seemingly forget about it). So if I ever get iTunes or something....

Sheryl Crow - Good Is Good

Good is good and bad is bad
you don't know which one you had
she put your books out on the sidewalk
now they're blowing 'round
they won't help you when you're down

Love's on your list of things to do
to bring your good luck back to you
and if you think that everything's unfair
would you care if you're the last one standing there

And everytime you hear the rolling thunder
you turn around before the lightening strikes
and does it ever make you stop and wonder
if all your good times pass you by

I don't hold no mystery
but I can show you how to turn the key
cause all I know is where I started
so downhearted
and that's not where you want to be

And everytime you hear the rolling thunder
you turn around before the lightening strikes
and you could find a rock to crawl right under
if all your good times pass you by

when the day is done
and the world is sleeping
and the moon is on its way to rise
when your friends are gone
you thought were so worth keeping
you feel you don't belong
and you don't know why

and everytime you hear the rolling thunder
you turn around before the lightening strikes
and does it ever make you stop and wonder
if all your good times pass you by

when the day is done
and the world is sleeping
and the moon is on its way to rise
when your friends are gone
you thought were so worth keeping
you feel you don't belong
neither do I

--

ah, another good song that followed this one, that I always forget about. Funny because my friend whom I visited in Vegas asked me what I thought about Anna Nalick(he basically shaped the type of music I listen to today), and I didn't have much to think about her at the time.. but she's actually pretty good.. the few songs that I've heard.

Anna Nalick - In The Rough

You say you fell while holding diamonds in your hands
"It's your fault for running, holding diamonds," I said

and I offer no sympathy for that
I hear that it was you who died alone
and I offer no sympathy for that
better off I sparkle on my own

and someday love will find me in the rough
someday love will finally be enough

I turned around 3 times and wound up at your door

Now you say you know all you did not know before

and I offer no sympathy for that
I hear that it was you who died alone
and I offer no sympathy for that
better off I sparkle on my own

and someday love will find me in the rough
someday love will finally be enough

I got your love letters
I threw them all away
And I hear you think that I'm crazy
I'm driving 95
And I'm driving you away
And I shine a little more lately

someday love will find me in the rough
someday love will finally be enough
I shine a little more lately

Lin  

  

 

 




 I-Like:
SunAngel
Jason
Sarah
Phil