Sullen v.5

             

      

 
Recovering

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I am back: 20+ mosquito bites later, complexion gone bazurk in the never ending humidity, and nice *dark* skin from a good burning on the back and front.. which has begun to flake off.. and about three different tan lines. Scratches on my stomach, knees, and elbows from surfing without a wet suit. Lovely.. lovely.. love-ly. Oh, and my toenails need to be clipped and either painted clear or a light pink. And I seriously need a haircut, even though I promised myself that I wouldn't cut my hair this summer... .. maybe I'll just get it trimmed (and my hair feels completely dried out). And I feel like I've gained 10 pounds even though we pretty much were restricted to eating beans, rice, fruit.. and on some special occasions fish.. or chicken.

I hate to come back and sound like such a bummer-case, but it's times like this that make me feel like I just don't travel well. I'm not obsessed about appearance, but I'm not going to lie either... I am self-conscious about it... who isn't?.. and especially when I feel like I've taken a downhill spiral toward no self-maintenance. The conditions over there have partially to do with who-knows-what's-in-that-water (a lot of it not sanitary), cold showers that make you not want to take one at all ... and so I take 20-second showers when I'd probably be better off with none... ... and it's *crazy* because I'd jump in the shower, get clean, jump out and spray myself down with mosquito repellant due to rampant viruses over there right now.. and that stuff *stinks*.. and I'd *still* get bit! Uncomfortable sleeping... I should have brought my own pillow.

And I'm pissed because school is coming up, and I definitely *do not* want to go back looking like a bummer-case (I just made up the term bummer-case, not something I apply to other people.. but it's about the best I feel about myself right now). And my good friend, Rya*, called a day before I left for Costa Rica informing me that he wants to come visit me in town since him and I are both getting back to AZ around the same time... and then the plan is to drive out to Pepp* together since we both want to get there a little early and settle into our apartments.. but I haven't seen Rya* in a while and I definitely don't want him to see me looking like a bummer-case.... lol.. not that it matters because he is a *friend* .. but still.. ...

anyway.. I'm just going to try and not stress about it, but my complexion is partially pissing me off the most because I really really really do not know what to do about it. I don't like using anything from the grocery store (except cetaphil) because it's too harsh.. and I could see a dermatologist but my-god I don't want to go through that hassle.. argh!! And I have to go back to work in two days for a wrap-up of everything.... ...... blah... maybe some good sleep, lots of water, and nice showers might do the trick...

oh.. and I come home to find that our frickin' gas has been turned off because (it's a long story), but the gas company mis-charged us.. we got it taken care of before we left for vacation.. they promised us everything was a-ok... and evidently other people didn't get the memo and turned the gas off!!! Which means I'm out of a shower for god knows how long.

sigh.

I feel like I'm really high maintenance right now, but all I want is a nice WARM shower. aahh!!



.. .. ... . ok.. I promise nicer posts about my Costa Rica trip.. later..

Lin  

  

 

 




 I-Like:
SunAngel
Jason
Sarah
Phil