Sullen v.5

             

      

 
The Sun is Rising..

Sunday, May 08, 2005

And I'm still up, cleaning my apartment, downloading music on broadband as quickly as possible before I leave tomorrow (not sure when my laptop will have access to this high-speed in the immediate future..)

I recently paid $20.00 to join the "Members only area" on the Duncan Sheik website.

He's been posting acoustic versions of his past songs, and also NEW MUSIC for his upcoming CD!!!! !! !! hahaha... gosh I am so obsessed. I can't help it. He's just amazing. Am-a-zing.

Listening to these songs right now.. and it just gives me chills, I don't know why.. haha.. I just love it.. I think I'm super excited about his upcoming CD, and the fact that it's *incredibly* late and I'm feeling pretty delirious.

Eee! His new CD is going to be so different from the last, I can already tell. I love that.

Might as well post this here because I'm going to be the first to post it on songmeanings.net :)

Duncan Sheik - In This Town
"So it's not what we think
she is just
a friend of yours

you go way way back
how long you couldn't say anymore
(long time)

Maybe once you kissed
maybe not
but all of that
is in the past

You fell out of touch
you wanted to make it up to her

but did you ever notice
how it ever was for her?

Just for old times sake
you hooked up late
and shot the breeze
(it isn't what we think)

You stayed up and talked
and finally
fell asleep
(it isn't what we think)

but always when you leave
you leave without a sound
in this town

Sweet familiar face
to keep away lonely days
"just for old times sake"
it's such a convenient thing to say
(for old times sake)

You act like nothing's wrong
your old friends get along (get along)
but always when you leave
you leave without a sound
in this town
you know it's hard to tell
but she should know
I wish her well

and always when you leave
you leave without a sound
in this town
(it isn't what you think)
(we get along)
(maybe once we kissed)"

Lin  

  

 

 




 I-Like:
SunAngel
Jason
Sarah
Phil