Sullen v.5

             

      

 
Old Music. .

Friday, October 01, 2004

but still all great.

I haven't done this for a while, so I figured it was due time to bring back some oldies that I love. To me when I do this, it's almost like a horoscope.. in a way. haha. I don't know..I have thousands of songs that can be selected from, randomly, so whichever ones come up.. I take it as a sign, or as something I should try to get the most out of.. because for whatever reason, that is the song chosen - by random - to be played.

So, in the spirit of feeling anti-social on a friday night.. onward with the listing of random great stuff & first thoughts when they come on...


The Sundays - Wild Horses (love this song)

Childhood living is easy to do, the things you wanted, I bought them for you.
Graceless lady, you know who I am. You know I can't let you slide through my hands.
Wild horses, couldn't drag me away. Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain. Now you decided to show me the same.
No sweeping exits or off stage lines could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind.
Wild horses, couldn't drag me away. Wild, wild horses couldn't drag me away.

I know I've dreamed you a sin and a lie. I have my freedom but I don't have much time.
Faith has been broken tears must be cried. Let's do some living after we die.
Wild horses, couldn't drag me away. Wild, wild horses we'll ride them someday.
Wild horses, couldn't drag me away. Wild, wild horses we'll ride them someday

Rufio - One Slow Dance (fun)

You and me dancing the night away
You can feel my heart beating so hard.
We look eye to eye
And I'm swept away.
On a moonlit walk on the beach
Watching the sunrise for the first time
I'm in a trance
From that one slowdance.

Saves The Day - Freakish (reminds me of Ky.. last song on some CD, a long time ago.)

"Well here I am. I don't know how to say this.
the only thing I know is awkward silence.
Your eyelids close when you're around me to shut me out.
I'll make my way across the frozen sea, beyond the blank horizon,
when I can forget "you and me" and get a decent night's sleep."

Duncan Sheik - Songbird (EEEEEeee it's Sheik! lol. I am in love. 'Nuff said.)

"For you, there will be no more crying
For you, the sun will be shining
I feel that when I'm with you it's alright
I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world
To you, I'll never be cold
Cuz I feel that when I'm with you it's alright
I know it's right"

Howie Day - Morning After (Hm. Yeah. Amazing song. reminders.)

"what could be so wonderful about this
what could be so wonderful?"


Dashboard Confessional - So Impossible (frickin A'. . can't seem to escape this tonight. memory here. Also.. have a cool shirt with this song.. hehe.. a girl and guy in white, on a light blue background, with the words around it.. 'so impossible'.. rocks.. great song too.)

"I'm dying to know
do you do you like dreaming of things
so impossible or only the practical?
or ever the wild or waiting through all your bad bad days
just to end them with
someone you care about?
and do you like making out?
and long drives and brown eyes
and guys that just
don't quite fit in
yeah do you like them
So yes, I'll see you there."

Nickel Creek - Spit on A Stranger (haha. ahhhhh. . . ah, love it.)

"Honey, I'm a prize and you're a catch and we're a perfect match
Like two bitter strangers
Now I see the long and short of it and I can make it last
I could spit on a stranger (Pull me out)
You're a bitter stranger (Pull me out)

I see the sunshine in your eyes
I'll try the things you never try
I'll be the one that leaves you high, high, high"

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (haha, heard this song on the airplane.. flying from France.. was going home for Christmas.. and had to get it.)

"Moons and Junes and ferris wheels, the dizzy dancing way you feel
as every fairy tale comes real; I've looked at love that way.
But now it's just another show. You leave 'em laughing when you go
and if you care, don't let them know, don't give yourself away.

I've looked at love from both sides now,
from give and take, and still somehow
it's love's illusions I recall.
I really don't know love at all."

Duncan Sheik - Days Go By (A good note to end on. Another Duncan song. :) beautiful.)

"I know it's not fashionable
To be this hopeful,
Or laugh away.
I didn't think it was possible
To be this grateful,
Any way.
And I know it's not sensible
To be this passionate,
Everyday.

Days go by.
I catch myself smile
More than you'd ever expect.
It's been a long while
Since it's been okay
To feel this way.

In the volumes of history,
Have you ever seen anything
So pure?
In the wildest mythology,
Were the gods and goddesses ever
So in love?
In your own experience,
Have you ever known tenderness
Like this?

Days go by.
I catch myself smile
More than you'd ever expect.
It's been a long while
Since it's been okay
To feel this way.

These are the most precious
of all my days."

Lin  

  

 

 




 I-Like:
SunAngel
Jason
Sarah
Phil